Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jordan's jordans

Who knew Tay would ever have better basketball shoes than I do?

So after a rough first game for Taylor's team, they have now won a game (by 20 points) and tied a game. The game yesterday was a close one and with under a minute to go we were down 4 points. The girls hung in there though and tied the game with 8 seconds left. We were so proud of them. Tay had a steal and a rebound, along with multiple passes (as she is playing point guard or SMALL forward when in the game). It's fun to watch them out there trying to figure out this game called basketball.

I think the best part for me is watching Taylor enjoy something I love (most days). It seems like another connection I have with her that will allow her to understand a part of me - and me a part of her. We'll see how long this lasts - I'm hoping for a long time whether she keeps playing competitively or not. It's going to be fun this summer playing with her outside at our hoop - and teaching J a few things in the process...


3 comments:

amy said...

she is awesome (: great post.

amy said...

although wouldn't it be j teaching you a few things?

amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!